How to delete an ad on LinkedInDec 4, 2019 - Marcel Odena
When creating a campaign on LinkedIn, you’ll sometimes create an ad you later want to delete. If that’s the case, you should know there are two ways to remove an ad on LinkedIn: one option is to remove the ad from your company’s Linkedin page and the other is to remove the ad from the “show in the feed” option within the campaign administration settings. I’ll explain both these in more detail below.
1. Removing an ad from your company’s LinkedIn page
You can delete a LinkedIn ad from the administration section of your LinkedIn company page, which is the page linked to the advertising account that has the ad we want to delete.
Take the following steps:
1. Go to the company page on LinkedIn
2. In the section where all the posts are shown, set it to display promoted posts only. That way, we don’t have to sift through all our organic posts.
3. Find the ad you want to delete.
4. Click on the top right of the ad, and you’ll see there’s an option to “delete update”
And that’s it. Simple, right?
2. Remove an ad on LinkedIn with the “show in the feed” option
This option is probably the quickest and easiest. Within the campaign administration settings, the ad management section lets you identify the ad you want to remove. Once you’ve found it, click on the three dots you’ll see in the top right, and select “Show in feed”.
The “show in the feed” option allows us to see how the ad would look in the Linkedin feed (now, the system won’t show the form for ads with a lead generation form, which is confusing and a drawback to this option).
Now, on the screen where you see the ad, click on the top right of the ad, and you’ll see a “Delete post” option:
A real world example of when you will want to remove an ad
A common scenario in which we might want to remove an ad is when we’ve made a mistake selecting the lead generation form to display in an ad. The ad text can be modified but the form cannot once the campaign becomes active. One option would be to pause the ad, but then there’s a risk a team member will mistakenly re-activate it and the incorrect form will be displayed. To prevent this from happening, it’s best to just delete the ad and create a new one.
I want to thank Yaiza Terrón of Red Points for sharing the idea of removing a Linkedin ad using the “show in the feed” option. I used to delete ads with method 1, which is where you go through the company page, until one day Yaiza taught me you could do it this way too.
As they say: “You learn something new every day!”
- How to create LinkedIn sponsored content ads
- Everything you need to know about LinkedIn Advertising
- What’s New in LinkedIn Ads for Q2 of 2019
- How to use LinkedIn Dynamic Ads to generate followers and leads
Join my newsletter!
Welcome to Magnetica’s blog. I am Marcel and I’d like to share with you the articles I write about LinkedIn Ads, B2B Marketing and PPC advertising. Join now!